Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Creative uses for Coastal Decor

If you have a coastal style home or beach house, chances are you have many types of sea-inspired containers and decor.

I have many urns, large seashell bowls, and containers that are filled with the usual things you would expect -- potpourri, plants and succulents, and a candle.





But what are some unique ways we can get double-duty out of our decor -- they can look pretty but be functional, too.

Here are a few ways I've incorporated these pretty containers in my beach house:


In my master bath, this urn holds some towels, loofah sponges, and soap next to my bath and adds an elegant touch to my beach house bathroom.







On my vanity, this small ceramic conch shell holds my travel sized perfume and lotions.






This beautiful porcelain shell in the wet bar is filled with ice and used to chill -- what else, Sea Glass wine!



In the entrance hall, this huge urn is filled with sea treasures from all over -- people are free to just throw whatever they find on the beach into the pile!




Thanks for stopping by Sea Glass Cottage! I think I'll go have a glass of that wine that's been chilling....


Sharing this post with: Coastal Charm: Show and Share
                                     The Turquoise Home: Work it Wednesday
                                     Sand and Sisal: Inspire Me Monday
                                     The Dedicated House: Make it Pretty Monday

2 comments:

  1. The urn full of shells looks great Joanne, I can tell you're having a LOT of fun :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loving this new "beach" chapter in our life, Jenna!

      Delete