Thursday, September 3, 2015

Decorating with.....Corrugated Metal






Lately, I have been seeing corrugated metal in many home decor stores, decorating magazines, and catalogs.

I love the vintage look that metal adds to my casual beach style, and I think it works really well with the fall items we're beginning to add to our homes.

My tiny powder room needed a few items as it was looking a little bare -- I found these two decor pieces at Michael's craft store and thought they would be perfect for this space.


This cute "Relax" sign (as if anyone needs to be reminded to relax at the beach!) fit perfectly under the window, and I loved the mixture of wood, metal, and rope. The frame was dark blue and did not go well with my sky blue and white decor. A quick coat of chalk paint was all it took to make it work.


This distressed frame with corrugated metal is perfect to hang a towel next to the powder room sink. 



I'm on the lookout for more galvanized or corrugated metal items the next time I go to a flea market.....always thinking about ways to add texture and variety.

Next week, I will show you how I'm doing a little bit of coastal fall here at Sea Glass using this galvanized metal tray from Pier 1:






And please check out my Metal Decor pinterest board for art and decor inspiration!

Thanks for visiting Sea Glass Cottage today!





6 comments:

  1. Looks great. Love the beach sign in your powder room. Happy Holiday Week End.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kris! Hope you have a wonderful, long weekend, too!

      Delete
  2. This goes so well with your beach themed decor. It's a great contrast in elements. I'm seeing lots of it in stores, too, but I wasn't sure how it would blend in with my decor. The rope letters on the Relax sign are a perfect fit. I love that you painted the frame to give it the look you wanted.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with that tray.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Beverly! I can't wait to play around with my new fall decor for the beach house and post the results. Thanks so much for stopping in for a visit! All best ~

      Delete
  3. Love your newest finds Joanne, looks great!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete