Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Coastal Fall Decor - Patio Table Display





Today I am enjoying some post-Labor Day time at Sea Glass Cottage, drinking a very tall, cool glass of iced tea because I tell you, it is hot and humid! It is gloriously beautiful but autumn is not even a whisper in the air. So, because I brought  a bag full of pumpkins and floral decor, I'm ready to at least "play" at getting ready for fall.....a coastal fall.

I like to keep things very simple, inexpensive, and reuse as much decor as possible. It's fun to stretch my creative muscles and try to repurpose and recreate something unique with each seasonal arrangement.

I found this cute metal and rope tray at Pier 1 on sale last week and knew I wanted to use it for my patio table arrangement.




Next, I pulled out "filler" items left over from other projects....moss, fall items such as cones, wood chips, etc..., and floral arranging items. I don't use hot glue on any of my projects because I pull them apart and rearrange/reuse often to save money.


I had no plan, per se, -- I just put everything on the table and began playing and arranging things until I liked the end result!







I love the colors of sea glass, the blues and creams and whites, so I chose these lovely blue-grey and cream colored pumpkins (on sale, of course!) at Michael's Craft store.



I also spotted these cute floral pots in slate grey with pods and blue-grey berries with a fuzzy texture.




Here's my quick and easy project after simply stacking things at different levels and filling in the gaps with "filler."











That's all it took -- and now it's ready for us to enjoy on the patio table on the balcony. And just in case it's evening and I'd like a little candlelight, I pulled out one of the floral pots and added a candle and elevated it on a clear glass candlestick.




Hope you are enjoying a touch of fall in your area, or at least dreaming of fall and decorating...and thanks so much for visiting Sea Glass Cottage today!

Next time, I am sprucing up my kitchen and bringing in a touch of fall.  Please come back to see what I'm "cooking up" for coastal kitchen decor and trust me, it is simple!

Sharing this post at:

                                     Savvy Southern Style: Wow us Wednesday
                                     Sand and Sisal: Inspire Me Monday
                                     Katherine's Corner: Favorite Things Thursday
                                     Coastal Charm: Show and Share
                                     Stone Gable: The Scoop
                                   **Starfish Cottage: Your Inspired Designs (Featured!)
                                     French Country Cottage: Feathered Nest Friday
                                     Home Matters
                                    **The Dedicated House: Anything Blue Friday (Featured!)
                                    ** Best of the Weekend (Featured!)
                                     Across the Blvd: Snickerdoodle Sunday
                                     White House Crafts: Fall Pumpkin Inspiration Party

37 comments:

  1. That is so elegant and easy! Love the colors - they look wonderful on your patio. Now I need to make something for my patio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanette, and I'm glad you stopped by today!

      Delete
  2. Love the tray, great base piece! The arrangement is very pretty! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just so pretty. Love it! I'm really needing to head out and buy some Fall decor items for my home. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, thank you for visiting -- it allowed me to follow you to your pretty blog. All best --

      Delete
  4. I love your tray, endless possibilities there!! Looks fabulous with the muted colored pumpkins, very sea glass!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna! Yes, I like items that can have multiple uses and be used throughout the seasons. And I used to be an orange pumpkin purist -- who knew sea glass would come into my life and change my perspective?! lol

      Delete
  5. . Your arrangement is lovely. I love that tray, too. It was in the mid 90's here today, so not feeling very fallish. The coastal decor is looking great for this seasonal transition time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again, Beverly! *sigh* Yes, it seems like it's going to be quite a while before true fall comes our way. But I'm so ready for the transition.

      Delete
  6. Your arrangement is so beautiful. Love those greyish blue pumpkins too, and they look perfect with Coastal decor.
    What a clever arrangement and like that you can interchange it and add a candle.
    Enjoy and great job.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Nellie! Glad you stopped by for a visit. All best --

      Delete
  7. Beautiful and how clever! I would have never thought to stack and fill in. Even if you say it is hot... I love your coastal atmosphere! (We were pretty hot up here this week, too.) Enjoy your weekend!
    ~Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your coastal twist on fall decor! Thanks for linking up to Your Inspired Design Part. Kristy, Starfish Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristy -- there's always something fun going on at your blog!

      Delete
  9. This is just lovely! Thanks for showing how you arranged it, I am clueless in that area. ha Thanks for linking up at Your Inspired Desgin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful. You don't normally get blue in Autumn decor and I personally like how you stay true to your coastal theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I love all the blues...a decorating favorite color of mine also.
    - Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lori -- and thank you for stopping by today!

      Delete
  12. Love the fall centerpiece using the coastal colors.....so pretty!! Just found your blog after seeing your guest post on Starfish Cottage.
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lanita! I really appreciate you stopping by today for a visit! All best to you --

      Delete
  13. Love the fall centerpiece using the coastal colors.....so pretty!! Just found your blog after seeing your guest post on Starfish Cottage.
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those blue pumpkins are fabulous!! I love the other colors of the different items you used to create such a beautiful arrangement......very coastal and beachy feeling.....love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your kind words, Ann Marie -- thank you very much for visiting today!

      Delete
  15. This looks so beautiful and elegant. Thank you so much for linking up at #HomeMattersParty and we hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be back next week, Shann. Thank you for the link party!

      Delete
  16. You had me at sea and glass and coastal. I love fall decor that is out of the ordinary and this is just too pretty! Thanks so much for linking up at Best of the Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! This is fantastic! I LOVE those blue/grey pumpkins! Coming over from Your Inspired Design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine -- aren't those blue pumpkins unique?

      Delete
  18. Sharing your pretty centerpiece on Best of the Weekend tonight at 8pm - hope you'll come back and link up again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow Amy! Thank you so much for that honor. Will for sure be there to see all the wonderful inspiration! :)

      Delete
  19. Hi Joanne! The Weekly Feature Series is live! You are one of the 25 Amazing Features from the Week. Here's the link to check it out. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/09/weekly-feature-series_20.html Have a lovely Sunday! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Popping over now to see all the features!

      Delete