Thursday, July 30, 2015

Favorite Things -- Summer Scents

Ever since I began my recent beach house adventure (and creating this blog to chronicle the story of Sea Glass Cottage), I've discovered a whole new world of bloggers who are truly dedicated and passionate about home decor, lifestyles, creative living, DIY, and so much more that goes into making our homes a special place for our families.

I decided that I would post a "favorite things" about beach living, and each post will be a different topic regarding beach living. It might be a great beach read I discovered, a super simple recipe, a new piece of home decor.....whatever I'm inspired to share.

This week I kicking things off with my favorite summer scents.

Here in the south, we have extremely hot and humid temperatures well into September and October, and the last thing you want to do is wear a heavy or cloying perfume. This summer, I am enjoying two light and crystal clear fragrances.......Pure Grace by Philosophy and Bobbi Brown's Beach.

Pure Grace is my favorite and I find it to have great staying power without being heavy or overpowering. It is a clean and crisp "soap and water" scent like ivory soap. I like to layer the scent with the shower gel and body lotion. On the hottest of days, I don't even wear perfume. The body products are all that I need.

My newest summer fragrance is Bobbi Brown's Beach. It's a bit pricey, but the scent is very reminiscent of Coppertone suntan lotion. If you have nostalgic memories of sun, sand, and Coppertone, you may enjoy this fragrance. I also have the bath gel and body lotion, but I find the Philosophy is more long lasting and less expensive.

If you're a "no fragrance at all" kind of person but still like to have some fun with summer scents, Philosophy shower gels are a great alternative. Every season, I look forward to their limited edition scents and I've never been disappointed. They are also great for travel as they can be used as shampoo and body wash. This summer, I'm enjoying Senorita Margarita and Melon Daiquiri. Both are fresh and fruity in the shower without a long lasting scent.





Here's to keeping fresh and clean during the dog days of summer!

(Note: These products are my personal products, purchased by me. I have not received products or compensation, and these are only my opinions.)

No comments:

Post a Comment